A family in Shenfield, Essex is in need of a Part Time Temporary Carer to provide assistance with the care of their lovely child with special needs and to take sole charge at pre-arranged times. You will provide help with all activities of daily living and to enable the child to access play, learning, social and leisure activities.
They are looking for a temporary Carer who can start as soon as possible and stay with them for about 6 weeks. Required hours will be 4 to 5 days a week from 5 pm to 10 pm, and earlier start on Tuesdays are preferred.
- To assist with all aspects of the daily activities including personal care ie: bathing, washing, dressing, toileting and feeding.
- To access leisure activities and also provide transport to and from school when required
- To liaise with parents and case manager regarding the ongoing care.
- To follow advice and recommendations made by the involved therapists on positioning, feeding, exercises and manual handling.
- To engage in stimulating play under the guidance of parents and therapists.
- To facilitate the pursuit of appropriate social and leisure activities.
- To maintain daily physiotherapy and postural management programs.
- To assist with general household tasks as and when required.
- To maintain accurate records, as required.
- To maintain own records of hours worked including completion of timesheets and records of expenditure.
- To participate in training appropriate to the needs of the client.
- To engage in regular supervision provided by the Case Manager.
- To attend meetings and/or case conferences, as required.
- To provide cover for colleagues during holidays and periods of sickness.
- To provide support and assistance on family holidays.
- To provide support with care before and after school, in the early evenings, weekends, overnight (waking night) and during school holidays.
You will also help with the promotion of our client’s well being and support in implementing therapy programmes as advised by therapists. Someone with a full driver's licence is ideal but this is not a requirement. To learn more about this position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and a consultant will contact you with more information.