Our client based in North Finchley is looking for a part time live out carer to provide day-to-day support needs, develop and maintain a warm, caring environment geared to meet individual needs, and providing the opportunity for maximum independence. The role is also to support the person in charge and his or her assistant in all aspects of the home’s management.
Working hours: 30 hours per week, Monday - Sunday
- Help care users with mobility problems and other physical disabilities such as
incontinence; help in the use and care of aids and personal equipment. Enabling
mobility, including Moving & Handling transfers, pushing wheelchair, checking of
specialist equipment e.g. wheelchair seat cushion, as directed.
- Assist client to fulfil activities of daily living e.g. working, leisure and education.
- Assist with medications as prescribed by medical team.
- Dealing with correspondence and financial matters as requested.
- Day to day household tasks e.g. changing beds, laundry, ironing, shopping.
- Respect for client confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- To have regards for the welfare of Residents and Colleague.
- Reporting & Recording as per company procedure.
- Commitment for identifying and fulfilling on-going personal development within Active
- To support the Management in the performance of his/her duties and to attend staff and
other meeting, training as required.
- Adhering to company policies and procedures at all times.
- Assist a senior member of staff who has been assessed as competent with medication
- Assisting with Personal Care, including skin care, bathing, shaving, oral care, toileting
(including management of bladder & bowels), dressing, hair care.
- Make and change beds; tidy rooms and do light cleaning.
- Inspect laundry and mend care users’ clothing.
- Cook meals, serve meals; assist care users at meal times if required; wash up utensils
including assistance with menu planning, preparing, serving and storing of foods.
- Take part in staff meetings and also in training activities as directed.
- Carry out other reasonable duties as may be required.
They need someone to start as soon as possible.
If you are interested in this position please apply and a consultant will contact you with more information.
Job Type: Part Time, Permanent
Salary: £8 to £9 an hour
Location: North Finchley
Position ID: J0922